HaPPy Necklace Friday, February 27, 2009

HaPPy Bamboo Pendant
Ahhh, what a day, the sun is shining the birds are singing and it is 60*. The Lord is so good to us :o) My hubby and I are having a 'date night' tonight so that means that our princess gets to stay with her Pap & Nana. I bet she is disappointed...NOT!! Ummm, now where to go for dinner? I am hungry already!
On the art topic, featured today is one of my favorites, not only the look of the finished product but also the creating process!
This piece was created using a dark mahogany base bamboo tile and them adding a reproduced vintage image(s). These pendants are so lightweight and easy to wear. Piece has been sealed and is strung with an approx. 18" black colored hemp cord and embellished with 2 silvertone mesh metal beads. Pendant measures approx. 3/4" wide X 1 1/2" high (not including the focal bead at the bottom). Closure consists of a silvertone heart toggle.
Dress it up or dress it down, goes with everything!
I am currently working on another batch of these beauties. They will be ready very soon!
*******************************
More details and selection in our etsy shop...
Enjoy this day that the Lord has made,
Rejoice and be glad in it!

4 comments:

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

Hi!!Just wanted to drop you an invitation to check out this group I belong to. It's all about cottage style, and all members are Etsy vendors. I thought you might like it, specially the Mixed Media Group, where a challenge is posted every Friday and we have a week to complete it...Oh! and the ladies are great!!!Here it is:
http://etsycottagestyle.ning.com
Check it out when you have a moment! Have a creative week end!! Hugs, Marcela

Mommy Bear said...

Very cute pendant! I hope you had a great time on your date.

Cherry Lane Jane said...

beautiful altered art! Do you want to come spring clean my house??? JK

Baroness Bijoutery said...

Love the box and also the adorable pendant...You have a great blog. People keep mentioning Spring Cleaning...have you been peaking at my house :) I get the hint need to start...